Saturday, June 28, 2014

hello world - a first time blog for busy mamas by a busy mama

Hello world... wow... I'm trying my hand at blogging... a working mom, finding time to pull together a string of coherent words...  Of course it's 12:32 am. And I have this feeling like "who cares about what I have to say" but then I have conversations with so many working mom friends, and SAHM friends and we all have so much to share about this journey we call mommyhood...  So, I figured, what the heck?!

I am mom to two awesome boys, 2 and 4, almost 3 and 5. I work a LOT And am trying to make sense of it all. I have streaming thoughts in my head "quit your job, your kids will not be 3 and 5 forever", "you are in the prime of your career, what the hell are you thinking?" "we have a talent shortage, surely I can afford 1 to 2 years and then can jump back in" and then "how the hell am I going to pay for that? We will be eating ramen noodles" and then "I need to be an advocate for longer maternity, and more affordable care!! Washington, hear me roar!"
I vacilate between "I am SO angry with corporate america" to "I love that having kids didn't derail my career".

In short, I'm a hot mess...
 
In the mean time, my boys are getting older and my brain hurts from all the permutations...
I just started Arianna Huffington's Thrive... I am hoping that in it, I will find the answers to all my life questions...  And I hope she spills the beans early because there are no guarantees this mama's attention span will make it!  No pressure Arianna!
I'll keep you posted!
Til next time super mamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment