Wednesday, July 9, 2014

I just hit print - my little book is on its way!

It was in my heart and poured out of me one day on a fall Sunday afternoon. My kids were in the backyard with my husband and I was watching from the kitchen window, feeling the Sunday blues settle in. Not because I don't love my job, but because I love my kids too and on Sundays, I start to  miss them eventhough I'm staring right at them...

How can you miss someone who is right in front of you? I do. Somehow, I do.

So I abandonned my station at the sink and ran over to an old notebook.  There it was - an outpouring, in pencil, just scribbled on random pages in the back. And poof - there was born a skeleton of a story that for me was a way for me to rationalize and work through my mommy guilt...  A way for me to convey to my children how much I love them, and that I never stop loving them, even when I'm not with them.

That was in November 2012...Well a year and a half later, many little hours here and hours there (mostly in the middle of the night), my little book has taken shape! I hit print tonight. I ordered a small batch and am excited to give it to my children and release it to the world! If it can help one more mommy then it's a success!

It's titled "while mommy's at work", if you hadn't guessed :)

I'll let you know when it's ready.

In the meantime, take care of yourselves super mamas!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment